- 1 Telangana CM KCR Announced Cash Prize of RS: 5 Crores:
- 2 BMW from V Chamundeshwarnath
- 3 Badminton Association Reward Rs: 50 Lakhs
- 4 All India Football Federation – 5 Lakhs
- 5 Madhya Pradesh Government Rs 50 lakh
- 6 Delhi government also announced Rs 2 crore as an award
- 7 Mahindra and Mahindra is going to gift an SUV of Sindhu’s choice.
Rio Olympics Silver Medal WInner PV Sindhu made the country proud with her spirited fight and won millions of hearts inspite of loss in the final. Sindhu became the first Indian shuttler to go to finals and first woman to go to finals in any Olympic event. The 21-year old badminton ace united billions with her match as she competed with Spain’s Carolina Marin. The latter triumphed with 19-21, 21-12, 21-15 score card and tears of happiness in her eyes.
From Hyderabad to Vijayawada to Visakhapatnam, corporates, businessmen, and jewelry showrooms are waiting to show their appreciation for the medal-winner in cash and gifts. Amul advertisements known for taking a take on political events and other routine activities shared an ad on Saturday terming Sindhu’s performance as Sindhustan Humaara. While Twitterati celebrates her performance, her victory is lauded by gifts from state governments to advertisements.
As soon as she won the semi finals match, Mumbai Masters franchise co-owner and Telangana Badminton Association Vice President Chamundeswarinath announced an expensive gift to the lady. Telangana government is the first in the race to award her with One Crore cash price.
2. Telangana CM KCR Announced Cash Prize of RS: 5 Crores:
Telangana government announced a cash awards of Rs 5 crores. Sources said that Government is also likely to gift land to Sindhu.
4. BMW from V Chamundeshwarnath
The first gift that Sindhu will receive is a BMW from V Chamundeshwarnath, president of Hyderabad District Badminton Association. He had gifted a BMW to Saina Nehwal when she won a bronze in 2012 and vowed to gift one to Sindhu if she wins a medal.
6. Badminton Association Reward Rs: 50 Lakhs
Badminton Association of India too announced a reward of Rs 50 lakh for Sindhu and Rs 10 lakh for Gopichand.
8. All India Football Federation – 5 Lakhs
The All India Football Federation also awarded Rs 5 lakh each for both Sindhu and Sakshi Malik.
10. Madhya Pradesh Government Rs 50 lakh
The Madhya Pradesh government also announced a reward of Rs 50 lakh for Sindhu, an official said.
11. Delhi g
12. Delhi government also announced Rs 2 crore as an award
The Delhi government also announced Rs 2 crore as an award to Olympic bronze-medallist Sakshi Malik, and Rs 2 crore to Olympic silver medallist PV Sindhu.
14. Mahindra and Mahindra is going to gift an SUV of Sindhu’s choice.
Mahindra and Mahindra is going to gift an SUV of Sindhu’s choice.
Besides this, a Vijayawada-based top jewelry showroom chain is also looking to sign up her as their brand ambassador. Several real estate developers are looking to gift flats in their ventures which will help the promotion of their ventures.
Telangana IT Minister K T Rama Rao said Friday evening that the government will make all arrangements to accord a glittering reception to Sindhu when she returns from Rio. “Our Telugu daughter has brought glory to the country. We are all proud of her. We will organize a grand welcome for her,’’ Rama Rao said.Related Content: