Telangana CM KCR ordered to start distribution of Bathukamma Sarees from 18th Sept. TS Govt decided to gift saree for all the hindu women on behalf of Bathukamma Festival. All arrangements have done and will be distributed through Ration Shops, Village Panchayats. The women must bring either Aadhaar card or voter ID card or bank passbook or pan card for identity proof.
Telangana government on behalf of Bathukamma festival is going to distribute nearly 1.04 crore sarees to BPL women from Monday i.e from 18th – 20th Sept, 2017. Arrangements had completed to distribute Bathukamma sarees to as many as 3,25,154 poor women through 442 ration shops across the district from September 18 to 20.
“Bathukamma festival is an integral part of the Telangana life and culture. This festival is a symbol of family relationships. The state government has decided to distribute sarees on this occasion to enable people to celebrate the festival with more enthusiasm,” a statement from the Chief Minister’s Office quoted him as saying.
Highlights in Bathukamma Sarees Distribution:
- TS Govt is distributing around 1,04,47,610 sarees worth Rs 222 crore to BPL women.
- Every hindu woman above 18 years of age and holding white ration card, is eligible to get Bathukamma saree.
- The women must bring either Aadhaar card or voter ID card or bank passbook or pan card for identity proof.
- About 290 distribution points were identified in the existing 211 village panchayats, 442 ration shops in the district for distribution.
- Around 52 lakh sarees were procured from Telangana weavers.
- This is the first time the powerloom weavers of Sircilla have secured bulk orders of producing lakhs of sarees and their income had also doubled from ₹ 8,000 per month to ₹ 16,000 and ₹ 20,000 per month
- Due to shortage of time, the remaining sarees were procured from Surat and other cities like surat
- Sarees are in over 500 different designs and colours.
- Nearly 7.5 crore metres of cloth was utilised for this purpose.